Learning through discovery, fun and adventure!
Learning through discovery is just one of the reasons to book your group visit to Willows Activity Farm.
With so many children growing up in urban areas, a visit to Willows allows children to explore the countryside, its animals, how animals and humans work together, where the food they eat comes from and the importance of outdoor activity. At Willows the children learn all this and more through our programme of activities, adventure play and having fun!
Your trip to Willows Activity Farm includes an exciting mix of shows, events, demonstrations and fun. Enjoyed by children from pre-school upwards it’s ideal for Early Learning and Key Stages 1 and is supported by curriculum linked activities and teachers resources if required.
- All pre-booked groups must be done at least 2 weeks prior to the visit
- Curriculum linked activities to choose from
- Adorable Animals: meet rabbits, goats and pigs in our under cover barn plus bigger farmyard friends such as sheep and cows in our paddocks.
- Daily Demonstrations, Shows and Animal Racing!
- Dedicated educational guides– our friendly guides show you around to ensure that you get the most out of your visit
- Full use of all the activities, shows and adventure play including entry to Woolly Jumpers our indoor play barn
- Admission into the Peter Rabbit Adventure Playground
- A ride on Tristan the Runaway Tractor
- Willows Growing Patch
Curriculum Linked Activities
The Wonder of Willows, Farm Animals – Families and Feasts, Count Your Chickens and Know your rabbits are the four options for our younger groups which are designed to help meet many of the Early Learning goals.
Key Stage 1
Choose from Being Alive!, Animal Homes, Food Glorious Food! and Sensational Senses – all delivered by our trained guides with teachers resources for use back in the classroom.
Group Booking Admission Prices 2020
Our group prices are only valid when booked 2 weeks prior to the visit. Our groups rate is only for organised groups for example schools, playgroups, Scouts, Cubs, Brownies, Beavers etc
For pre-booked groups of a minimum of fifteen or more paying children:
- Under 2’s are admitted free to the Activity Farm
- One adult FREE with every five paying children as part of a group booking
- On the day of your visit, we will issue you an invoice based on the actual number of admissions
- Guides are available when requested on the booking form and are free when the total booking is £150 or more. For bookings under £150 guides can be provided for a fee – please call for details. We recommend booking guides for children aged over the age of 4 (there is a £50 charge for groups who request a guide but cancel the guide on the day of the visit)
- For help with your booking or for a free familiarisation visit, call 01727 744779
- Our groups rate is only for organised groups e.g. schools, playgroups, Scouts, Cubs, Brownies and Beavers
Please download the group booking and group rates form here.
- Hand washing facilities are accessible at the Activity Farm
- An under cover lunch area is available and there are also shaded picnic areas
- Fully trained first aiders available
- General facilities include toilets with disabled access, a restaurant, ice creams, souvenirs, baby changing facilities and free coach and car parking
- Group Visit Risk Assessment and Health & Safety Advice sheets provided to group leader
- Teachers/Group Leaders have the option, at their discretion, to take their group into Woolly Jumpers indoor play barn. Guides are not responsible for the group should they enter Woolly Jumpers. Height restrictions apply to some slides. Arms and legs must be covered to ride the slides
Head Group Guide
We’re so proud that Janette O’Neill, our wonderful Head Group Guide has been shortlisted for the NFAN Day Maker Award! #NFANAwards
Posted by Willows Activity Farm on Wednesday, January 9, 2019
Group Visit Enquiry
Complete this enquiry form with a contact number and we’ll call you back to confirm availability. Your booking form and deposit must be received at least 10 working days prior to the date of your visit to guarantee an educational guide.