Re-opening frequently asked questions
No. Due to limits on the number of visitors we can have on site, all Members and Non Members and must have booked an online ticket.
If you haven’t booked an online ticket, unfortunately you can’t visit.
We are checking all bookings against our membership database and with membership cards at admissions.
Thank you for your understanding at this time.
Yes. Please book your tickets online here
No. To comply with Government regulations and to achieve social distancing we need to manage the number of visitors we have on site and we therefore only have a limited number of tickets available each day that must be pre-booked. We cannot allow entrance to any guests who arrive without a pre-booked ticket.
To comply with Government regulations, we need to manage how many visitors we have on site to ensure everyone has a safe visit. To achieve this, we need our Members to pre-book a ticket online. This is a temporary measure and we hope in time that we will be able to remove this requirement.
Pre-book tickets will be available 7 days in advance via our website.
Visitors can enjoy our animal barn, outdoor animal paddocks, Woodland play trail, Mr Tod’s Den, Sand & Water play, fun fair rides, inflatables and trampolines, Tristan the Runaway Tractor, JCB ride on tractors, animal shows, Panning for Gold, Peter Rabbit and friends shows and Peter Rabbits Playground. Our seasonal events also include Potato harvesting during Potato Shindig and picking a pumpkin from our pumpkin patch during our Pumpkin Festival.
Due to social distancing restrictions there are a few activities that are not currently available being Cottontail Village, Captain Chicken’s Egg Dodge and our character meet and greets.
Non Member tickets do NOT include entry to soft play. Due to the very restrictive numbers set by Government guidelines, we can only safely offer this to our Members whose membership includes this facility. However we will offer a ‘one-out one-in’ admission policy for non-members at each session on a first come first served basis. Please note this is NOT guaranteed and will be for a limited period of each session.
Yes. With guidance on using to achieve social distancing and reminders regarding handwashing.
There are restrictions on how and the type of refreshments we can sell. We are offering a selection of snacks and drinks from Mr Tod’s. Hot food, baguettes, snacks and drinks are available in Burrows Café. Please remember to wear a face covering when entering Burrows Café to order your food.
Please note all transactions at our catering outlets are now cashless.
The safety of our visitors has been at the centre of our planning for re-opening:
- You will find 40 hand sanitiser units around the farm park, located at each activity and area
- Our handwashing facilities remain the number one defence against infection and visitors should always handwash after contact with any animals, visiting animal areas and before eating or drinking
- We’ve introduced separate entry and exit routes to some activities to help with social distancing
- Where customer will have to queue, social distance markings are presented
- Our staff sign a health declaration before each shift they work and have their temperature checked
- PPE is provided to our staff
- We have developed a new Covid Secure risk assessment which is available on our website
- We have developed and retrained all our staff in our Covid Secure Standing Operating Procedures
- Sneeze screens are used in our catering outlets
- We are now cashless
In line with the latest government announcement (22nd September) it is now a legal requirement that face coverings are worn by visitors in all indoor and under cover areas at Willows. This includes Burrows Café and toilets, JCB marquee, The Farmyard, the Gift Shop, the indoor theatre and our polytunnels when used for event activities. Children aged under 11 are excluded together with those with medical exclusions.
Willows staff will also be wearing face coverings in these areas and at all times when interacting with our guests.
Thank you for your co-operation.
All staff have been re-trained as part of our Covid Secure back to work programme. Every member of staff has to sign a health declaration each time they attend for work and have their temperature checked.
Our staff now work on a rota system so that our office staff can remain socially distanced.
Hand sanitising units are available in all staff areas
The office has a separate entry and exit
A new staff rest area has been created with a new separate entry and exit and space to remain socially distanced during their rest periods
Our uniform policy ensures that uniforms are clean for each working day.
We support any member of staff who is required to shield for medical reasons and provide additional PPE if required for specific members of staff.
Our full Covid-19 risk assessment can be found here.
Should we face the unfortunate situation where we are officially forced to close due to Government instructions, we will offer a refund to all customers who purchased a Santa Spectacular ticket. This is only for days that we would be closed. Please note this excludes the booking fee. We would request that a period of up to 28 days is allowed for the refund but we will endeavour to do this as quickly as possible.
If you personally are unable to visit due to self-isolation, quarantine or being ill due to Covid-19, then we will do our best to accommodate a change of date but this cannot be guaranteed. No refunds are available in these circumstances.
What hasn’t changed is the warm and friendly welcome that every visitor receives. With little one’s part of our visitor groups we’ll work hard to keep a visit to Willows as ‘normal’ and enjoyable as possible.
Some changes that you may need to help your little ones with are:
- Helping them with hand sanitising, before and after each activity they take part in
- There may be some queueing which they wouldn’t have had before – our staff will help to keep the children entertained
- Some of our indoor play areas will be closed due to ongoing restrictions – but there is plenty to do outside!
- Indoor soft play is NOT included in non-member tickets, however, we will offer a ‘one-out one-in’ admission policy for non-members at each session on a first come first served basis. Please note that this is NOT guaranteed and will be for a limited period of each session.
- We have a restricted menu from our outdoor catering unit and Burrows Cafe
- We are now cashless and only accept contactless methods of payment on site
- Peter and his friends are unable to do meet and greets at the moment but they are appearing in a number of shows throughout the day on our outdoor show stage
Willows Activity Farm is designed for families with children of primary school age with funfair rides, shows and adventure play and adult only admissions are not permissible.